This 6 month course is a foundational journey that uncovers the root of our life experiences through a whole-hearted relationship with God and others. Encompassing teaching from individuals with a vast array of experience and backgrounds, and guided by course material based on theology, psychology and written by a child development psychiatrist, each session grounds and brings clarity to the beauty, pain and complexity of the human experience.
Accompanying each teaching session, participants are invited to grow in awareness and acceptance of both their own individual journey and the journeys of those that have imprinted and impacted their lives, through prayerful dialogue with God in smaller groups and individual exercises led by the Journey UK team.
The ‘Journey of Grace’ holds space for every person to unravel their own story, valuing each perspective and experience, without judgement or pressure. The community that has been created enables a safe place for those who are willing to venture into the unknown; places where love is ready to meet them with new revelations of rest, potential and connection.
The first half takes you through the foundations of faith – Creation/self acceptance, our relationship with the Trinity, family of origin – mother, father, siblings, and peer relationships.
The second half includes sessions on shame, addiction, forgiving others/ourselves, breaking soul ties and freedom from idols. There are also sessions on being sons and daughters and a day for generational prayer.
The course has 26 chapters and runs from September to March mainly on Monday nights and three Saturdays.
Reasons people come
- restlessness, feeling empty, anxiety, shame, trust issues
- comparison, living behind a mask, passivity, emotional and co-dependency
- loneliness, low self-esteem, rejection, anger, self harming
- relationships and addictions.
- Saturdays: 21st September 2019, 26th October 2019 & 25th January 2020
- Mondays: 16th September 2019 – 23rd March 2020
- No Meetings: 23rd & 30th December 2019
The costs is £630 which includes facilities hire, manual, materials and refreshments. Payment can be made in installments if needed, e.g. 9 x £70, 6 x £105, 3 x £210. Please contact the office for further discussion.
Please click here for a Word version of the application.
Please click here for a PDF version of the application.
- Download the form from the specific course page and email/post in, along with a photo ID and pay the admin fee.
- A reference form and covering letter should be emailed/posted to us by your church leader/person in pastoral position.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Shortly followed by an email inviting you for an informal interview at our office.
- After the interview we will email you with the outcome of your application/interview.
- If offered a place you will receive an acceptance letter, via email, with further forms to fill in and sign. Once you have sent these forms back to us it is your confirmation that you have accepted a place on the course.
“It has been so helpful to work through things in the prayer times and learn tools that I can use during the week.”
“I feel like I can relate to the Trinity on a whole different level.”
“God showed me how valuable I am just as me.”