25th January – 22nd March 2021
The next course has 9 sessions, which will take place via Zoom.
The ‘In the Beginning’ course offers a safe and confidential space to start processing our stories, receive from God and learn how to engage in a life-long dialogue with Him.
We start by looking at our place in creation, the impact of the fall in our lives and learn that God is ready to meet us and bring all the exchanges made available to us through the Cross (Isaiah 61). We then move on to review how our family of origin, our mothers, fathers, siblings and peer relationships have impacted and shaped us and how we are living now as adults.
Each session includes worship, teaching with testimonies, and prayer in small groups, where participants are supported by experienced Journey UK team members on their own journey with God.
Some of the reasons people come are:
- feeling fatherless, alone, broken-hearted, no sense of belonging
- carrying painful memories, disappointments
- anxiety, shame, feeling empty, restless
- living behind a mask, comparing ourselves to others, striving for approval
- issues with authority figures, passivity, control, rage, can’t say “no”
- low self-image, rejection, isolating, self-harm
- stuck in unhelpful relationships, can’t trust others
- co-dependent and emotionally dependent relationships
- addictions, feeling stuck.
‘In the Beginning’ will kick-start a journey of growing in heart knowledge (as well as head knowledge) that we have a Heavenly Father and Jesus really is who He says He is – the one who came to restore our hearts and relationships, bringing the exchanges we read about in Isaiah 61: “to bring good news to the poor, to bind up the broken-hearted, to bring freedom for the captives, release from darkness, to comfort all who mourn, to provide for those who grieve, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair, a double portion and inheritance instead of shame.”
For each participant, there will be a journey of…
- becoming secure in their identity in Christ
- becoming rooted and established in His love
- learning to receive and experience their hearts being filled up
- knowing that they have a secure place of belonging
- experiencing that they are supported and accompanied by God their Heavenly Father in their day to day lives.
Course dates: 25th January – 22nd March 2021
- 25th January
- 1st February
- 8th February
- 15th February
- 22nd February
- 1st March
- 8th March
- 15th March
- 22nd March
- 7pm – 9.30pm on Monday evenings
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £170 (The full course fee includes: 9 sessions, £15 application fee, ITB manual (£15 + £3.10 postage). Fees can be paid in instalments if needed.
How do I apply?
Download the application form here:
The Application Process
- Download application form and email/post in, along with a photo ID and payment for the application fee.
- A reference form and covering letter should be emailed/posted to us by your church leader/person in a pastoral position.
- You will receive a confirmation email, followed by an email with the outcome of your application.
- If offered a place, you will receive an acceptance letter via email with further forms to fill in and sign.
- You will need to complete and return all of the necessary paperwork as a confirmation that you have accepted your place on the course.
If you want to talk to someone for more information about the course, feel free to call us on 020 7799 2200 or email email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 15th January 2021
- Application forms, photo ID and payment of the application fee must be completed by Friday 15th January.
- Please ensure that you have allowed enough time for your reference to reach us by Wednesday 20th January.
Do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7799 2200 if you are interested in applying for the next course.
Continuing the journey after the ‘In the Beginning’ course
We are not currently running the 6-month ‘Journey of Grace‘ course in its original format. Participants who have completed the ‘In the Beginning’ course will be offered the opportunity to join a complementary course, based on the second part of the ‘Journey of Grace‘ course.