The course is run through Zoom meetings for the time being.
Next course: 28th September 2020 – 7th December 2020
The ‘In the Beginning’ course offers a safe and confidential space to start processing our stories, receive from God and learn how to engage in a life-long dialogue with Him.
The course has eleven sessions.
We start by looking at our place in creation, the impact of the fall in our lives and learn that God is ready to meet us and bring all the exchanges made available to us through the Cross (Isaiah 61). We then move on to review how our family of origin: our mothers, fathers, siblings and peer relationships have impacted and shaped us and how we are living now as adults.
Each session includes worship, teaching with testimonies and prayer in small groups, where participants are supported by experienced Journey UK team members on their own journey with God.
Some of the reasons people come are:
- feeling fatherless, alone, broken-hearted, no sense of belonging
- carrying painful memories, disappointments
- anxiety, shame, feeling empty, restless
- living behind a mask, comparing ourselves to others, striving for approval
- issues with authority figures, passivity, control, rage, can’t say “no”
- low self-image, rejection, isolating, self harm
- stuck in unhelpful relationships, can’t trust others
- co-dependent and emotionally dependent relationships
- addictions, feeling stuck.
‘In the Beginning’ will kick-start a journey of growing in heart knowledge (as well as head knowledge) that we have a Heavenly Father and Jesus really is who He says He is – the one who came to restore our hearts and relationships, bringing the exchanges we read about in Isaiah 61: “to bring good news to the poor, to bind up the broken-hearted, to bring freedom for the captives, release from darkness, to comfort all who mourn, to provide for those who grieve, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair, a double portion and inheritance instead of shame.”
For each participant there will be a journey of…
- becoming secure in their identity in Christ
- becoming rooted and established in His love
- learning to receive and experience their hearts being filled up
- knowing that they have a secure place of belonging
- experiencing that they are supported and accompanied by God their Heavenly Father in their day to day lives.
Course dates 2020:
- September 28th
- October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- December 7th
- 7pm – 9.30pm on Monday evenings
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £180 (The fee includes: 11 sessions, £15 application fee, ITB manual (£15 + postage). Fees can be paid in instalments if needed.
How do I apply?
Please click here for a Word version of the application form.
Please click here for a PDF version of the application form.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download form from the specific course page and email/post in, along with a photo ID and pay the application fee.
- A reference form and covering letter should be emailed/posted to us by your church leader/person in pastoral position.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Shortly followed by an email with the outcome of your application.
- If offered a place you will receive an acceptance letter, via email, with further forms to fill in and sign. Once you have sent these forms back to us it is your confirmation that you’ve accepted a place on the course.
Application deadline: Wednesday 16th September 2020.
Please apply as soon as possible as there are a limited number of spaces available.
Download the In the Beginning flyer below: